Friday, August 22, 2008

T.G.I. Friday's

T.G.I. Friday's
2625 E Eastland Center Dr
West Covina, CA 91791
-
This one I did not see coming.
-
I have eaten at T.G.I Friday's three times in my life, and all three times were terrible meals. I mean truly awful. When I was 18, visting a friend in Boston, we went to T.G.I. Friday's because he assured me they would serve us beer without asking for our ID. He was right, but even after several beers I still thought the food was horrible. (I was 18 then and a Rick's Spuderito was a main staple of my diet, but I still couldn't eat the crap they served me at Friday's, even when drunk.)
-
A couple years later, after a Chinese meal in the Washington, D.C. area, a few friends and I went next door to a T.G.I. Friday's to have drinks. After a couple hours we ordered some appetizers. Same story: terrible food. A couple years after that I ate lunch at a Friday's in Boulder, CO, and I almost got sick to my stomach. So when a friend suggested we eat at T.G.I. Friday's after we had been to IKEA, I did not have high hopes. But they had been recently promoting their "Jack Daniels Pulled Pork Sandwich," so I thought I'd give it a try.
-
I kid you not - it was fantastic. Although it's impossible to tell in this picture, because the pork is drowned in sauce, there was actually a smoke ring on the pork. I never in a million years would have expected that. The pork tasted fresh and the sauce was pretty good.
-
So now I have been to Friday's four times, and only three of them were terrible. That's not a good average (although the Dodgers will still sign you for $36.2 million.)

No comments: