Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
100 Universal City Plaza Ste 112
Universal City, CA, 91608

I've never had a bad meal at Bubba Gump, whether it was in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, on the Santa Monica Pier on the hottest day of the year, or, God help me, at the Mall of America... but there is still something about the place that is just a little too weird for me. (Of course, I'm the one who has repeatedly visited a chain restaurant named after a fictional company from a movie, so I'm not sure I have any right to complain, but then again I never was the brightest guy around.)
-
But I've only had seafood there. On my last visit, to the Universal CityWalk location, I decided to try the pulled pork sandwich. I have to admit, it was fantastic. I don't usually like my pulled pork sandwich coming with anything on it (including sauce) but the onion rings were some of the best I've ever had. I'm not saying this sandwich wouldn't get laughed at if it was being served in Memphis, I'm just saying that if you ever find yourself at a Bubba Gump and you don't feel like shrimp, this is the way to go.

No comments: