Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Portland Saturday Market


The best reason to eat at the Portland Saturday market it to get a couple of spring rolls from one of the stands - the greatest hangover food of all time. In fact, I will include a picture of the spring rolls at the end of this post. But while I was there I figured I might as well get a pulled pork sandwich from the barbecue stand. I do not write this next sentence lightly. It was the worst pulled pork sandwich I have ever tried. Tough and fatty, with the only flavor being a barbecue sauce that was a cross between warm chocolate milk and burnt hair. I took one bite and spit it out. I gave my friend Dave a bite and he immediatley spit it out. "That's the worst thing I have ever tasted," he said. And he is a Kiwi; the last time we got drunk together he had the bartender make him french fries on toast.

So I got another couple spring rolls and tried to get the taste out of my mouth.




No comments: