Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brother Jimmy's BBQ (New York)


Brother Jimmy's BBQ
1644 3rd Ave
New York, NY, 10128

Last time I was in New York I had several places I wanted to make it to. At the top of the list were Virgil's and Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem. I didn't have time to make it to Dinosaur and when I went to Virgil's (on a Friday night) it was completely packed, so I didn't go. But I did make it to Brother Jimmy's on the Upper East Side. I was pleasantly surprised. They had several kinds of barbecue sauce, including my two favorite with pork, a mustard-based sauce and a North Carolina-style vinegar sauce. The pork was moist, had plenty of smoke ring, and was served on a soft bun.

A couple days later while waiting to take the train upstate, I tried the Brother Jimmy's BBQ stand at Grand Central. It was not so good, but that's about what I was expecting.





No comments: