Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hutch's Barbeque


Hutch's Barbeque
390 E Walnut St
Pasadena, CA, 91101

It's no exaggeration to say I have been to Hutch's Barbeque more than any other restaurant in the world. I have been going there literally as long as I can remember. But in all the hundreds of times I have eaten there, I do not remember ever having anything but one of their hamburgers. Last time I was there, though, I decided to try their pulled pork sandwich. I should have remembered the maxim "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." The pork was mostly fat, on a day-old roll. No good. My brother had sliced ham (also on a not-quite-fresh roll.) I took a bite of the ham, it was very good.
-
I am sure I will eat at Hutch's another few hundred times, but it will always be the burger from now on.

No comments: