Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blake's Place

Blake's Place
2905 E. Miraloma Ave. #3
Anaheim, CA 92806

I had heard that Blake's Place gets really crowded at lunchtime so I figured I would get there early and beat the rush. Well, it was worth a try. I arrived about ten minutes after 11, on a weekday, and the place was already full. (By the time I left, about 35 minutes later, the line was out the door, at least 20 people.) But it wasn't a big deal because the line moved pretty fast and they were very friendly.
-
There is a picture of a pulled pork sandwich on their website that I had planned to get, but while I was waiting I saw someone at one the tables had a trio of sandwiches so that's what I ordered (the "sandwich sampler.") The meats are smoked brisket, turkey, and pork. All three were very good but my favorite was the turkey, and I would have to say my least favorite was the brisket. It was the driest of the three. They only put a touch of sauce on the sandwiches, which I appreciated, although their sauce was very tasty so I added some more to the brisket sandwich.
-
It's a bit of a drive down to Anaheim so I probably will never go back, but I am glad I went.

No comments: