Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bam Bam BBQ


Bam Bam BBQ
853 E Route 66
Glendora CA 91740

I had never heard of Bam Bam BBQ, but I saw it one day while driving down Route 66, so I figured I would give it a try. The girl working there was very nice; I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and asked her recommendation for a side. She said the cole slaw was her favorite but that the mac & cheese was the most popular side. I went for the slaw.

The food was incredibly mediocre. The slaw was like a high school cafeteria (which is not entirely bad, but not something I want to pay for as an adult) and the pork had obviously been sitting in a steam tray for quite a while. Even worse, as you can see, the sandwich was drenched with barbecue sauce, a ridiculously sweet, syrupy sauce that added nothing to the meat. I took a picture of my food and the girl said "oh, you must really like it." I didn't have the heart to tell her what I really thought.

I would not ever go back there, but it's a moot point now because they are closed. I hope that nice girl found a job somewhere else. She deserves to be serving better food than this.

No comments: