Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hungry Al's Bar-B-Que


Hungry Al's Bar-B-Que
116 N Vincent Ave
West Covina, CA 91790

I had heard about Hungry Al's from someone who raved about their ribs, and I filed it in the back of my mind. One day in Covina I got off the 10 because the traffic was horrible, and the restaurant was right there. Never one to pass up a barbecue joint, I stopped in.

The girl working the counter was very friendly. I asked her opinion between the hot link sandwich or the beef. She recommended the sliced beef. Unfortunately, it was not very good. It was so dry it was pretty much inedible. The bread it was served on was not fresh, either. There was a table of guys next to me all eating baby back ribs. The ribs definitely looked better than my beef sandwich. I seriously doubt I will ever be back here again, but if I do I'm getting the ribs.

No comments: