Friday, September 12, 2008

Gordon Biersch Brewing Company

Gordon Biersch Brewing Company
41 Hugus Alley
Pasadena, CA 91103

I have been going to Gordon Biersch since I was in high school, back when they only had a few items on their menu, all of which came with garlic fries. I have probably eaten over a hundred meals there over the years, although thankfully their menu has expanded quite a bit. I have never cared for their beer, though. With the exception of the Winter Bock, their beers taste to me like they are designed for people who don't really like beer.
-
But I've always like their food. On a recent visit I tried their pulled pork sandwich. I was not expecting it to be smoked on the premises, and of course it wasn't, but it was still very good. The sauce was tasty, the cabbage was fresh, and the bun was good. I'm not going to make it a regular choice - I usually just get a couple of their appetizers as my meal - but I am very glad I tried it.

No comments: