Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Matt Denny's Ale House

Matt Denny's Ale House
145 E Huntington Dr
Arcadia, CA 91066

I have been eating at Matt Denny's for over a decade now. There was a time when I visited it as frequently as once a week, although now it's more like once every few months. My standard order is almost always the "smoked turkey sandwich," which is one of the best turkey sandwiches anywhere. (I have had many other items on their menu, including fish & chips, Guinness pot pie, fried shrimp, pastrami sandwich, and grilled halibut... everything on the menu is good, except the Caesar salad, which is curiously one of the worst I have ever had.)
-
The turkey is always juicy and never has any fat on it. The sauce comes on the side, although it is really good so I add it to the sandwich. The third picture is a pulled pork sandwich. One of the employees, whom I sometimes see outside of the restaurant, told me it was even better than the smoked turkey, so a little while ago I gave it a try. It was indeed good, but definitely not as good as the turkey.
-
Matt Denny's also has a great beer selection, and there is always sports on the TVs. Their menu is pretty expansive; I would love to see them cut out several of their items and concentrate more on barbecue, because they are very good at it.

No comments: