Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Swinging Door Texas BBQ


The Swinging Door Texas BBQ
11018 Vanowen Street
North Hollywood, CA 91606

I've heard from people that this place has closed, and if so, that's a shame. I've only been here a few times, but every time was very good. These pictures are from the first time I ever went, with my buddy Zach. He travels to Texas a lot for work and is a big fan of the Texas style of barbecue. I am much more a fan of the Carolina style, but between Scotch and nothing, I'll take Scotch.
-
We started with an order of fries that were great - thick steak fries right out of the fryer, with some of their spicy barbecue sauce. We both had brisket sandwiches. I had mine chopped with slaw, Zach had his sliced, with beans. I loved the slaw, I don't remember what he said about his beans. But the important thing is we both thought the brisket was great.
-
We liked the place so much and ate so much food we didn't even go get a second lunch afterwards (we have a history of doing that.)

No comments: